Substitute Teacher Rates of Pay (as of 9/1/17):
Daily rates: Non-degreed - $70; Bachelor's Degree - $91; Retired Teacher - $115.00
Long termed Rated: (Day 1-60) $130; Retired Teacher (Day1-60) $175
(Day 61+) $175; Retired Teacher (Day 61+) $200
Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for Substitute Teaching in Charles County Public Schools:
- At least 18 years of age; (candidates must be out of High School for at least 2 years in order to substitute at Middle and High Schools)
- Documentation of highest degree obtained. Transcripts are required for college degrees.
Online Application Process
- Complete the Online Application. Paper applications are not accepted.
- On the “Positions Desired” tab, indicate your preference for “Substitute Teacher”.
- On the “Reference” tab, provide information including email addresses for at least three professional references. Reference forms are sent electronically.
- Each reference must complete the reference form and submit it via email. It is the applicant’s responsibility to follow up with their references for missing forms. (You can view the status of your references’ responses.)
Once you have three acceptable references completed you will be eligible to attend a Substitute Teacher Orientation. All Substitute Teachers must complete the 4-hour orientation course. There is no compensation for attending the orientation class and once you have completed the training and passed a test you will be contacted to complete new hire paperwork and get fingerprinted. There will be a $25.00 processing fee which must be paid when at the time of your fingerprint appointment.